Sunday 3 November 2013

Speak Your Dream

I have taken the first step to changing my life. I have officially applied for the Yoga Teacher Training that I have been lusting after for the last year of my life.

HOLY. FUCKING. HELL.

I was inspired at the last (well, the only) yoga retreat I was at. A friend of mine who was teaching encouraged me to speak my dream, to say OUT FREAKING LOUD that I want to teach yoga. I said it. Out loud. And she will hold me to my word. She will gently encourage me to move towards my dreams. And it all started, just by speaking it.

What is it with actually saying it out loud to someone else that makes things so much more real? Why do I feel more pressure now -- oddly enough a really good, positive, healthy pressure -- to follow through on my plans? Now that she knows my dirty little secret and has heard it from my lips, I feel indebted to her to make it happen. After all, I can't tell my yoga teacher something like that and then NOT follow through. That's not very yoga-like of me! But it's so true. When you say it out loud, when you open your dreams up to the universe, things become real.

So here I am...awaiting news of whether or not my application has been accepted. I am not obsessing over checking my email (totally am...like every five minutes). I am again putting my dreams out to the universe, knowing that however it is meant to work out will happen. While I sit and wait, I encourage you to speak your dreams. Involve a friend in this process, a friend who will support you and nurture those dreams alongside of you. Speak your aspirations, your thoughts, your ideas, your secrets. And know that someone, somewhere, is listening. Speak your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment