Wednesday 18 December 2013

These are a few of my favorite....websites.

With Christmas holidays coming up, I'm planning on as much R & R as I possible can fit into the 16 days I have off. (16...I know, right?! Can't wait!!!!). I have a few things that need to be done over the holidays (filing paperwork, organizing our craft supplies and baking goods, cleaning our floors) but I have a few other things I would like to do as well. Many of these come from various websites that I check out every day. There's a few obvious ones - Facebook,  Hotmail and   Pinterest, but I also subscribe to a few others that I read daily and that include a few articles that I want to catch up on. Check the following sites out if you have an extra few {HOURS} on your hands. Warning: you will NOT be able to just log on, check them out and log back off. Give yourself some time to explore them :)

Elephant Journal is independent media dedicated to mindful living. It is composed of articles on a variety of topics -- my favorite being yoga, family and wellness. There are 16 featured authors, along with contributing authors also. Because it is independent media, there is an opportunity to submit writing and have it published (umm bucket list!!!), and the instructions on how to do that are on the website. If you do only have a few minutes, here are my fav articles from the site:
Sucker Punched, The Thought I Already Hate This Class I Have 55 Minutes Left, and my all time favorite (not yoga related at all):8 Photos of New Yorkers Most People Dont See

One of my other favorite sites is Mind.Body.Green.. It's dedicated to...guess? Mind. Body. Green. You got it. Just today I read "What I Learned When my life Unraveled" . Also check out "25 Things We Should Say More Often" (this is actually a link to a Kid President video and is AMAZING!!!) and "How I Overcame Anxiety Attacks ". So fantastic.

Something else that I absolutely love checking out are Ted Talks. I'm sure you've heard of them -- there's one for absolutely everything. The idea behind Ted Talks? 'Ideas Worth Spreading' by a variety of speakers. My favorite? It's a tie between  Ash Beckham  and  Shane Koyczan They are both absolutely beautiful.

Another amazing source of positive stories and news is  Upworthy It's where I find a lot of videos that I show to my kids at work, as well as a place I know I can look to if I need a pick me up. It combines videos from tons of different places, but all are touching, moving, uplifting etc. in some way. A GREAT place if you're having a not-so-great day.

Lastly, for all the other yogi's out there, Yoganonymous is a fantastic source for great yoga interviews, music, posters and yoga info. There are sections for lifestyle, practice, wellness and music. Yesterday I checked out 23 Problems Only Yoga People Will Understand


I hope you get a chance to check out some of the links I've attached above. They are fantastic sites that all focus on the beautiful side of life. Something we all need a little bit more of.

Much Love xoxo


















How I Overcame Anxiety Attacks

No comments:

Post a Comment